SBNA is looking for local businesses who would like to advertise in our upcoming newsletter. We are working hard at getting the SBNA Newsletters back out to the community and delivered to your door but we need help!
The SBNA Newsletter is a quarterly publication of the South Baltimore Neighborhood Association (“SBNA”). SBNA is a 501c3 community organization whose purpose is to further improve the quality of life for residents who live within its boundaries. It is recognized by the City of Baltimore as the association that represents the area bounded by Cross Street, Light Street, McComas Street and Race Street. The SBNA Newsletter is distributed to approximately 2,000 residents and businesses throughout the community SBNA represents.
Advertising Rates for the SBNA Newsletter
Business Card (3.625in x 2.25in) $25
6 Page (3.625in x 3.1875in) $50
Quarter Page (3.625in x 4.875in) $75
1/3 Page (7.5in x 3.1875in) $100
Half Page (7.5in x 4.875in) $150
Full Page (7.5in x 10in) $250
Any fees received by SBNA are used to cover publication and distribution costs and are otherwise circulated back into the community through other SBNA efforts. If you would like to purchase advertising space in an upcoming publication, please contact email@example.com. SBNA would be happy to assist with design or sizing of your SBNA Newsletter advertisement if necessary.
Thank you to all who attended the South Baltimore Neighborhood Association meeting last night. Below is an update on some of the projects that are happening around our neighborhood.
Gas Line and Water Main Construction Update: There have been a number of questions posted regarding the ongoing utility work in South Baltimore. To help address these questions Councilman Costello arranged to have representatives from the Department of Public Works (DPW), Department of Transportation (DOT), BGE, and Spiniello attend last night’s general membership meeting. During the meeting, each entity agreed to provide the following: 1) a list of streets, block by block, with existing or planned work; 2) the scope of work on each block (i.e., water main repair, gas line replacement, etc.); 3) estimated timeframes for initiation and completion of work; and 4) any existing contingencies based on weather or on other work (this is to ensure that when work is done and streets are paved, that additional work is not done, necessitating additional paving — thus wasting City resources). Once this information is provided, Councilman Costello will aggregate the details, confirm its accuracy, and share the comprehensive list with SBNA leadership and on social media. Councilman Costello and the representatives plan to have this process completed by no later than Friday, Nov 21. Additional updates will be provide as portions of the projects are completed.
Hanover Street Median Update: Baltimore City DOT has committed to install a median on the 1700 and 1800 blocks of S. Hanover Street to address severe traffic calming concerns. DOT is prepared to proceed with this effort but BGE is also upgrading the gas lines on those blocks so the median work will be integrated in the comprehensive list of gas line and water main work.
No Parking Construction Closures: Councilman Costello will be working with City agencies to ensure the length of time block faces are posted as “No Parking” is kept minimal. If still see street closures posted for extended periods of time please send photo of the sign to Councilman Costello or SBNA so we verify the during of the closure. As always, if you park in an area with no parking posted you may be towed by the city.
Please note: This work is very disruptive but it is also necessary. If work is being done on your block please make an effort accommodate the work since this will allow them to finish the work faster.
Thank you to all the neighbors that joined us at our SBNA Happy Hour sponsored by Banditos. It was a great opportunity to spend time with our neighbors, welcome our new elected board, and thank all of our community members who help make South Baltimore a wonderful place to live!
A HUGE thank you to Scott Melton, SBNA’s new Social Chair, and Banditos, our neighborhood restaurant, for organizing and allowing us to sample Bandito’s brand new menu items and delicious homemade cocktails. I hope you all had fun because we certainly did!
SBNA is working hard at getting the SBNA Newsletters back out to the community and delivered to your door. We are excited to get this relaunched but we need your help!
- Writers: Anyone is invited and welcome to help write articles on anything neighborhood-related…(free)
- Local Businesses: If you are local business, we would welcome any advertisement
- Block Captains: We are currently seeking the help of block captains. We are committed to having a strong distribution and want to make sure every neighbor receives a copy.
Please contact Phil at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and able to assist. Thanks!
SBNA elections for the coming year will take place at our next general membership meeting on OCTOBER 14th @ 7PM at Grace United Church at 1404 S. Charles Street. The following positions are available: 1) President 2) Vice-President 3) Secretary 4) Treasurer
PLEASE NOTE: You must be a registered member of at least 15 days to vote in the election. If you are interested in registering, please deliver an envelope containing $5 for dues and your name, address, and email address to 114 W. Ostend St. by next Tuesday, September 30.
Flag Me Campaign
In preparation for the bicentennial celebration this September, SBNA is launching our Flag Me Campaign. Residents in South Baltimore will have an opportunity to purchase an American Flag and have the flag bracket installed. This is a great way to showcase our neighborhood and support the 200th anniversary of our national anthem.
Take advantage of this opportunity! Anyone interested needs to purchase your Flag Kit from Ace Hardware ($11.99). Installation costs are covered by donations from Domino Sugar and will be completed by a local contractor, Building Character by MK.
For questions or comments, please contact Amy Mutch at email@example.com We will be passing around flyers that will have directions for submitting a form to have this flag installed as well. The form is below:
Flag Me Campaign
Directions once you receive the form:
1. Purchase the Flag Kit ($11.99) from Ace Hardware
2. Drop off completed form and bracket to: 114 W. Ostend St.
3. Mark/Tape desired location for install (1st FLOOR ONLY)
BY POSTING ON THE SOUTH BALTIMORE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (“SBNA”) SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: SBNA is not responsible for material posted to this social media site and does not guarantee the content, accuracy, or use of the content in this site. SBNA does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. SBNA specifically disclaims all liability for claims or damages that may result from any posting on this site. SBNA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this forum, and such opinions do not necessarily reflect the policies of SBNA. In no event shall SBNA be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on information on this site.
- All posts, videos or otherwise shall be intended for the benefit of the general South Baltimore public. While discussions and debate may be productive, direct insults towards specific members or groups shall be deemed offensive and against the best interest of SBNA and the Social Media Site.
- As a guest posting content to any SBNA Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in SBNA’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-SBNA services or products), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other malicious computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- By posting any content on any SBNA Social Media Site, you grant to SBNA the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any SBNA purpose.
- You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. SBNA does not control third-party sites and the internet over which you may choose to send confidential or personal information; therefore SBNA does not make any warranties, express or implied, against interceptions or compromises to your information.
SBNA reserves the right to remove any content in violation of this policy or that is otherwise objectionable, at the sole discretion of SBNA, as well as to take steps to block access by any person violating this policy.
Riverside Park Summer Music Series
Second Sundays, 5-8pm
June 8th Sac Au Lait
July 13th Bumper Jacksons
August 10th Naked Blue
September 14th Speakers of the House
Join us at the gazebo to enjoy some sweet music in the park, sponsored by Domino Sugar.
New this year, a food truck and beer sales at every concert!
Casino meeting on Thursday (06/05) at 6pm at Montgomery Park.
From Dep’t of Planning: “As you know, the public will be weighing in on Thursday on short-term items for the master plan for casino area neighborhoods. This weighting of preferences is only one factor in priorities for the master plan, but it is very important to hear from the residents and small businesses about their priorities.
I hope you will encourage other members of your organization to attend the meeting at Montgomery Park at 6:00 p.m. I know there are a lot of meetings for everyone, but this one will be the last related to the master plan for a few months (though the LDC will be meeting in July). Please do your best to provide a robust turnout on Thursday. Thanks.”
Bull and Shrimp Roast
When: June 6th
Where: The Locust Point Knights of Columbus 1338 Hull Street
Tickets are $40 – contact EMM112977@aol.com
Bull Roast flyer COMMUNITY(1)