SBNA elections for the coming year will take place at our next general membership meeting on OCTOBER 14th @ 7PM at Grace United Church at 1404 S. Charles Street. The following positions are available: 1) President 2) Vice-President 3) Secretary 4) Treasurer
PLEASE NOTE: You must be a registered member of at least 15 days to vote in the election. If you are interested in registering, please deliver an envelope containing $5 for dues and your name, address, and email address to 114 W. Ostend St. by next Tuesday, September 30.
Flag Me Campaign
In preparation for the bicentennial celebration this September, SBNA is launching our Flag Me Campaign. Residents in South Baltimore will have an opportunity to purchase an American Flag and have the flag bracket installed. This is a great way to showcase our neighborhood and support the 200th anniversary of our national anthem.
Take advantage of this opportunity! Anyone interested needs to purchase your Flag Kit from Ace Hardware ($11.99). Installation costs are covered by donations from Domino Sugar and will be completed by a local contractor, Building Character by MK.
For questions or comments, please contact Amy Mutch at email@example.com We will be passing around flyers that will have directions for submitting a form to have this flag installed as well. The form is below:
Flag Me Campaign
Directions once you receive the form:
1. Purchase the Flag Kit ($11.99) from Ace Hardware
2. Drop off completed form and bracket to: 114 W. Ostend St.
3. Mark/Tape desired location for install (1st FLOOR ONLY)
BY POSTING ON THE SOUTH BALTIMORE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (“SBNA”) SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: SBNA is not responsible for material posted to this social media site and does not guarantee the content, accuracy, or use of the content in this site. SBNA does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. SBNA specifically disclaims all liability for claims or damages that may result from any posting on this site. SBNA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this forum, and such opinions do not necessarily reflect the policies of SBNA. In no event shall SBNA be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on information on this site.
- All posts, videos or otherwise shall be intended for the benefit of the general South Baltimore public. While discussions and debate may be productive, direct insults towards specific members or groups shall be deemed offensive and against the best interest of SBNA and the Social Media Site.
- As a guest posting content to any SBNA Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in SBNA’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-SBNA services or products), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other malicious computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- By posting any content on any SBNA Social Media Site, you grant to SBNA the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any SBNA purpose.
- You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. SBNA does not control third-party sites and the internet over which you may choose to send confidential or personal information; therefore SBNA does not make any warranties, express or implied, against interceptions or compromises to your information.
SBNA reserves the right to remove any content in violation of this policy or that is otherwise objectionable, at the sole discretion of SBNA, as well as to take steps to block access by any person violating this policy.
Riverside Park Summer Music Series
Second Sundays, 5-8pm
June 8th Sac Au Lait
July 13th Bumper Jacksons
August 10th Naked Blue
September 14th Speakers of the House
Join us at the gazebo to enjoy some sweet music in the park, sponsored by Domino Sugar.
New this year, a food truck and beer sales at every concert!
Casino meeting on Thursday (06/05) at 6pm at Montgomery Park.
From Dep’t of Planning: “As you know, the public will be weighing in on Thursday on short-term items for the master plan for casino area neighborhoods. This weighting of preferences is only one factor in priorities for the master plan, but it is very important to hear from the residents and small businesses about their priorities.
I hope you will encourage other members of your organization to attend the meeting at Montgomery Park at 6:00 p.m. I know there are a lot of meetings for everyone, but this one will be the last related to the master plan for a few months (though the LDC will be meeting in July). Please do your best to provide a robust turnout on Thursday. Thanks.”
Bull and Shrimp Roast
When: June 6th
Where: The Locust Point Knights of Columbus 1338 Hull Street
Tickets are $40 – contact EMM112977@aol.com
Bull Roast flyer COMMUNITY(1)
The proposed MOU covers the following changes to the existing Liv2Eat liquor license.
1. Re-authorizes the use of the rear outdoor patio space
a. This was a preexisting use and was not properly documented in the original transfer so it is being corrected at this time.
2. Removes 1 of 3 names currently listed on the license.
a. At the time of purchase the two owner /operators were not Baltimore City residents as required by law. They are now Baltimore City residents so the third name is being removed.
3. Addition of live entertainment.
a. The licensee has requested authorization for live entrainment inside and on the outside patio on Thursday 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM, Friday 5 PM – 11 PM, Saturday 5 PM – 11 PM
Please see the MOU below for additional details.
SBNA is in the middle of applying for the PNC Transformative Art Prize 2014, which is a grant that helps create destination art and welcomes people to our community. Since a median will be constructed at Wells and Hanover, we believe that this would be a great opportunity for us to welcome guests coming down Hanover and let them know they are entering our community. Please take a moment to provide your feedback at the following link…
Social Pub and Pie MOU:
UPDATED MOU (below)
RE: Social Pie and Pub, BLLC License Transfer
Date: Thursday, April 10, 2014 (pending approved MOU)
Action: MOU Complete (pending general membership approval)
Summary: The SBNA Liquor Advisory Committee has completed negations for a MOU with Social Pie and Pub’s new ownership. The MOU will be presented for approval during the April general member meeting.
(A vote may come up @ 3/11 General Membership Meeting. This is a liquor license transfer and the addition of outdoor seating.)