Federal Hill Irish Stroll
Date: Saturday, March 8, 2014
Time: 12 PM – 9 PM, North Cross Street closed to approximately 12 AM
Presented By: Federal Hill Hospitality Association & Lindy Promo
Event Web Site: http://www.lindypromo.com/
PARTICIPATING ESTABLISHMENTS: 17 Federal Hill Establishments
Mother’s, No Way Jose, Ryleigh’s, McGerks, C&R Pub, Rowhouse, Banditos, Crazy Lil’s, Nobles, Social Pub, Mad River, Illusions, Stalking Horse, Blue Agave, Ropewalk, Abbey Burger Bistro, and Pub Dog
Fee: Pre sales $15, Same Day Purchases $20 @ No Way Jose & Mother’s
The Federal Hill Hospitality Association has partnered with Lindy Promo again this year to host an Irish Stroll on March 8th. This event brings a large number of visitors into the SBNA boundaries and the impact of the event varies significantly based on a residents proximity to the participating establishments. Lindy Promo is currently projecting total ticket sales of 6,000 but it is important to note the limited number of tickets does not limit the number of participants.
Event Details and Safety Protocals:
Councilman Cole, Deputy Chief Maloney, the FHHA, and the presidents of our local community associations have met and made the following arrangement to help ensure that this is a safe and success event.
1. The North side of the Unit Block of E. Cross Street will be closed beginning at 12 noon, Sat March 8th and remain closed until approximately 12 mid-night.
2. The event is scheduled to run between the hours of 1 PM and 9 PM.
3. Approximately 2,500 advance tickets have been sold @ $15 and same day tickets will be sold at two location, Mother’s and No Way Jose’s, @ $20. Total sales will be limited to 6,000 tickets. Ticketed participants receive discounts and specials but attendance is not limited to ticket holder.
4. The Federal Hill Hospitality Association will be paying for additional over-time police presence between 12 noon Sat March 8th and 3 AM Sunday March 9th.
5. Councilman Cole has asked for, and received confirmation of, additional patrol offices soley dedicated to the residential area’s surround the Cross Street closure.
6. Each participating establishment will have the normal weekend security staff working the duration of the event.
7. Enforcement will be in the neighborhood throughout the day monitoring capacity to ensure compliance with public safety codes.
8. Federal Hill Hospitality Association has agreed to double the number of port-a-potties from 8 in 2013 to 16.
9. There will be no live entertainment.
10. In prior years, long lines or groups of people have gathered in front of the participating establishments and this obstructed pedestrian to access to other business. This year, the FHHA leadership and the Police have agreed to keep lines for establishments within there “storefront” areas and organized in a fashion to allows for a clear pedestrian right of way.
In addition to the police presences arranged by Councilman Cole and the FHHA, has arranged to have an off-duty police officer and eight auxiliary police officers to patrol SBNA south of Ostend.
As always, let’s do what we can to make certain our neighbors and visitors are safe and respectful of others.
If you wittiness any criminal activities like public urination or vandalism, please call 911.
If you see some that has been “over served” to the point they present a risk to themselves, please call 911.